When I need to grab some beer I can just walk across the street from my condo and enjoy the good graces of the Queens Quay LCBO. But sometimes the LCBO’s list just isn’t rich enough for me. These days they do have an excellent beer selection which is improving each season – but it is still the same Maudite, Chimay, Neustadt, Mill Street and Fuller’s that I am all to used to. I do love this beers, but the LCBO does not represent Amarican Craft beer very well, and still has barely touched some of the amazing beers to come from Belgium and across Europe.
For a sickness like this there is only one cure; more cowbell.. haha joking. The cure is an easy drive on the QEW down to Buffalo and Premier Gourmet – a Zellers sized liquor store with close to 1,000 different beers in stock!
It is difficult for me every time I go, because I want to buy about 1,000 bottles, but I must restrain myself… somewhat… This was a rather large mission because my roommate was also buying beer, and I was buying beer for two other people and a beer tasting event. Here are some of the highlights. Be sure that tasting notes and reviews of most of these will come in the near future.
- Bear Republic Big Bear Stout
- Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
- Dogfish Head Black and Blue
- Goose Island Night Stalker and Bourbon County Stout
- Ithica White Gold, Twelve, and Old Habit
- La Trappe Isid ‘or
- Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet
- Lagunitas Brown Shugga
- Lindemans Pomme, Peche, and Cassis
- Ommegang Witte and Chocolate Indulgence
- Rogue Chocolate Stout and Double Mocha Porter
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and 30th Anniversary Stout
- Southern Tier Backburner Barleywine
- St. Bernardus ABT 12
- Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale and Double Bastard
- Three Troeg’s Nugget Nectar and Troegenator
- Unibroue Quelque Chose
- Well’s Banana Bread Beer